(a few of my) Last Meals on Earth: No Subsitutions Please!!@**
Mexicali Repast with bubbly and a late night trip to spain
- to some LOUD mariachi with accordions, omalara portuondo & andrés segovia.
- Veuve Clicquot, Wild Strawberries and Blackberries.
- Quesadilla con gambas ala parilla, carne asada, cilantro y queso fresco and mango-papaya salsa 'a mano' by someone’s loving abuela.
- Whole red snapper grilled (deboned tableside), cilantro rice, heirloom black turtle beans, avocado crema.
- red wine sangria (con banana, peaches and blackberries), rosado.
- More strawberries, blackberries and french Champagne.
- all night dancing in the island heat (to renew appetite).
- churros y chocolate from café san gines, madrid, spain.
Memories of my Italian neighborhood
- to the arias of la Bohéme & madonna’s “borderline.”
Half a New York “Italian” on a roll with pepperocini, o&v, s&p. Side of eggplant parmesan, hot, garlic bread, limonata pellegrino.
3 slices of thin crust cheese pizza (from a wood-fired oven): one regular, one with black olives, garlic and extra tomato slices, the other with escarole, onion and anchovy. A ½ litre of chianti classico, barolo or brunello di montalcino.
pistachio, chocolate hazelnut italian ice & a florentine cookie.
La Serra Moscato di asti or Bonny Doon vin di glaciere.
An American Melting pot feast with a final nod to Scotland & canada
- to “be bop,” billie holiday and mozart’s adagios, al fresco.
- Grey goose poire and santa cruz cranberry juice, shaken, a few pomegranate seeds.
- A litre of sparkling calistoga water.
- Salad of arugula, friseé, roasted beets, tsatsuma supremes and chevre with meyer lemon vinaigraitte (made from northern and central valley california produce).
- A few more glasses of sparkling calistoga water, cabernet franc (Rhone valley)
- Linguine alla vongole, parsely, chili flake and lemon handmade by someone's loving Nonna.
- Whole Steamed maine lobster, Steak Frites (ribeye and yukon shoestrings preferred)
- Grilled artichokes, asparagus and fingerling potatoes, meyer lemon aioli
- Scharffenberger Chocolate pudding, mint whipped cream and/or pistachio and chocolate hazelnut gelato with crushed almond biscotti.
- Double shot espresso.
- rest period.
- Balvenie, double wood, single malt, with gentle massage.
- A cigarette (export A – extra light silver), with a view. If it really is my last meal...
- In the end, why not feast... with decadence and abandon!?